Sunday, September 10, 2006

BBQ At Kapiolani Park

Today at 3pm we had a huge barbecue at Kapiolani
park with all three properties: The Ohia, Kalo
Terrace, and The Hana. There were about 200 students that showed up to stuff their faces and play fun games!
When we first arrived we waited in line for food while a traditional Hawaiian blessing was given over the feast. After they were done, we all chowed down on rice, macaroni salad, fried breaded shrimp, and many many different kinds of chicken, beef, and pork. I swear I ate my calorie quota for the week!
To the right is a group of us (James, Crystal, myself, Jontue, and Cristie) hanging out on our towels after eating a ton. We got to listen to traditional Hawaiian music for a couple of hours before the games began and we had to get up and participate. Most of us had to waddle because we'd eaten so much food :)
Here is the game of tug-o-war we joined in. I played the second round against the RA's. We lost but I still hold that they cheated...
After tug-o-war there was a potato sack race, but instead of potato sacks (apparently they were too expensive) we had trash bags. I ran in one heat and half way through I ripped 2 holes in the bottom of my garbage bag and definitely lost the race!
We also had a game of limbo going on which I did NOT participate in due to the fact that I don't bend backwards very far. It was hilarious watching everyone else though and I was amazed at how low some people really can go!
This is the soccer field where other groups not with us were playing a few games. In the background is Diamond Head with deceiving fluffy white clouds floating overhead. In reality we got rained on, blown around by wind that wasn't so tropical, and the temps got so cool that I started resembling a plucked chicken with all my goosebumps!
After we had our fill of food, fun, and company we headed back to The Ohia for a bit of rest. Cristie, Jontue and I were still tired from going out last night and although we had planned on going out tonight as well, I suggested a movie night indoors and it was unanimously accepted. So we wandered around Waikiki and I saw this beautiful photo op and took it. I know, I take a lot of beach pics, but they're just so great! I've got about a million on my comp, but when I'm old and gray, I'll have these memories to gum over with my cronies :)
The three of us decided on some retail therapy so we went to Pineapple County and tried on scandalous club dresses (no mom, I didn't buy one), Local Fever to buy a tank top, and then to Macy's to experiment with lipstick. I tried on a fabulous red color that I fell in love with, so we'll see, we'll see. I might just need to get it to wear out on the town with my little black dress :)
After all the excitement and retail therapy we went back to the apartment, put in Closer, ate our dinners, and vegged out. We were joined later by James and Crystal and after the movie, he very kindly fixed our jammed sliding glass door. It had been completely stuck and you couldn't shut it or open it, which was kind of a pain in the butt since with it open at night it gets too hot and too noisy with all the clubs underneath us.
Well now it's after 1am and I'm just a little tired. I hope this post finds everyone well! Don't hesitate to write/call me, I miss everyone!

No comments: