Last weekend on Saturday a large group of us decided that all we wanted in the world was a night of dancing. So we spent the week before getting stuff like dresses, makeup, shoes, purses, and jewelry all so we could be the hottest bunch there. I must say we didn't look too shabby!From left to right: Jennifer, Elisabeth, her boyfriend (forgot his name), Anders, and James. We stole a reserved table and used it to relax inbetween shaking our butts on the dance floor because all that dancing got a little tiring!

Then we have Cristie, Chad, James (again, sneaky), Emma, myself, and Ray. We ended up with another guy by the end of the evening but I can't remember his name either because I only met him once the entire night.
The W Hotel is quite a ways from the main area of Waikiki where we live so we had to take the bus. At first I voted for walking because according to Yahoo! Maps it was only a 1/2 mile walk. Well that was a lie. It was really really far, definitely not walking distance and especially not in shoes. Then it started to downpour so we called for a cab which took too long to get there, so we ended up just getting on the bus to save time. We also managed to get into the club for $10 even though it was after 10pm and the cover was supposed to go up to $15.

Here is a picture of Cristie, myself, and above mentioned random Finnish guy. I was convinced by her to rock the red lipstick but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. When Jennifer and I went downstairs to Ben and Rob's room for a male opinion of our outfits, Ben asked us if we were looking to get hired for the evening. Nice guy :) Personally I don't think anyone looked that trashy, we just wanted to get cute and have a good time (which we did)!
The first hour or so we were at the club it was pretty quiet and they were playing low-key house music. Then around 11.30pm the whole place just filled up and the dance floor was so
crowded we could hardly move! You can kind of get an idea of the way things were from this photo.We all ended up staying there till last call and closing time at 2am. Then the hike home began, and wow what a hike! As I mentioned we took the bus there, but at 2am there were no busses running from that direction back to Waikiki. I walked back with Emma and Elisabeth and about 1/4 of the way there I'd had enough with my heels. I took them off and walked barefoot all the way back. This was problematic because it had rained earlier in the evening so there were puddles and small rocks strewn everywhere. My feet hurt soooo bad during the walk, after the walk, and even the next morning!!! Next time I'm gonna make sure I have a date that will carry me when I start to hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment