Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Apartment

This post is solely dedicated to showing photos of my apartment where I now call home :) I have, however, left out pictures of my roommate's side of the room as well as those of the kitchen and bathroom since all three areas are in an unfortunate state of affairs. I wouldn't want anyone thinking that I can't keep my place clean, it's just that it's inbetween scrubbings at the moment...
The first photo is taken from my roommate's side of the room facing out onto the lanai (balcony). That's my tv (need it for my addiction to Grey's Anatomy and CSI), my desk, my bed, and way over in the corner, my bookshelf.
This next photo is just a close up of everything. The set of 3 photos just above the tv is missing its mate because the wall is rock hard and won't yield to nails, therefore I must get something sticky to put them up. And yes, my desk does have 3 orchids. I swear, now that I live in the tropics I won't be able to kill them! At home any poor orchid that is unfortunate to have been brought home with me has reached an untimely demise. I water them, I love them, I even read to them! But it was all to no avail. This time though, this time it will be different...
This is just a close up of my bed complete with Stitch and Dumbo to make it feel like home! Ignore the rather ugly photo above my bed. The apartment building was actually a hotel before they shut down and opened to the public. Then along came Hawai'ian Island Student Suites and bought the place from the rental comppany and turned it into student housing. It really is a very nice building. I promise to post photos of the outside very soon. But back to the ugly photo, it came with the apartment and I plan to rip it down, repaint the frame, blow up a photo of Waikiki I took in black and white, and insert it into the frame.
The next few photos are of the view I get every time I step out onto my lanai. I live in Waikiki so the beach is only a few minutes away. I actually just took all of these photos, it's about 6:45pm right now so the sun is starting to go down. I've seen some spectacular sunsets from my room where everything gets all pink and golden like cotton candy. I'll never get tired of the sunsets and I'm really glad that I'm on this side of the building. The other side gets the sunrises and since I'm usually asleep at that forsaken time of the morning, I'd miss the view!
In this photo you can see the Ala Wai Canal in between the building to the very right and the one next to it. They're doing construction in the area so I hear lots of noise during the day if I'm around. I do try not to be around though because it's so nice to be outside. I get attacks of lazyness though so sometimes I'll just sit on the lanai for a while, reading a book with a cup of coffee or some POG juice. Now POG juice is only available on the islands and it's the greatest invention since soy milk, haha! It's passion, orange, and guava juice all mixed together with a cute little character that graces the front of the juice box. I try to cut down on the POG drinking, but it's so addicting...
Here is the view if you look directly straight ahead out of the sliding glass doors. I believe it's a hotel and if I look hard enough (yes, I am slightly blind and I do have to look hard to see details at that kind of distance :) , sometimes I can see people hanging out on their balconies enjoying the weather just like me!
Here is my lanai, well, most of it. I'm standing on the other end which has no plant and definitely no cool towel covering the chair so I decided this was a better angle. In the distance past the building you can see the pink hotel, the first hotel here in Waikiki. And just beyond that is the ocean so I really DO have a short walk down there! I bought a nice little hibiscus plant to grace the table and I'm hoping that I can manage to keep that plant alive as well.
Well this was my apartment and I hope everyone enjoyed the tour :) I'll post more photos of the building soon and more pics of the activities I'm keeping myself busy with. But now I must get ready to head out to the movies, so until my next posting, adios!

No comments: