Saturday, September 09, 2006

Last night, September 8th at Tiki's.

Last night Jontue, Cristie and I went out and about on the town in search of a good time. At first we tried Deep Blue but there was absolutely NO ONE at the club, it was totally empty. So I said, hey! let's try Tiki's! I'd heard good things about it as a restaurant and I knew they had live music so we headed down the beach to check things out.
This is the three of us getting ready to hit the town. It's in the lobby of our building and we got Jarrod the RA to take a photo (what a nice guy!).











Here we are again out at Tiki's. I should've taken some photos of the restaurant because it was really a great place on the open second floor with umbrellas, live music, and a TON of people! Some guys we talked to told us that it wasn't usually this crowded so we got there on a good night for a good time.


Here we are with some random local guys that Jontue rustled up in her wanderings around the bar. I don't know their names, I didn't really care to, but they were nice guys and supplied us with good conversation about the area and offers to teach me how to surf.
I'm very sad that this pic turned out blurry, it would've been really cute if it hadn't, but I still like it so I've decided to post it. This is one of our first roommate photos so we're going to print it and any others that we take in the future and tape them to our door. We're still lacking a white board/ cork board and neither of us is inclined to brave the crowds of Wal-Mart to get one so tape is the answer of the day!



After Tiki's we went down to the beach because we wanted to dip our toes in the ocean. Cristie got down and dirty with the sand and so we decided to join her, however the photos are not flattering so I am declining to post them :) We have this nasty habit of going out to the ocean at all hours of the morning and coming home covered in sand, but it's so fun!

And last but not least, this is me with the black ocean in the background and the not-so-well lighted sand in front. This is at the very end of the evening and soon afterwards we all went back our apartments to get ready for bed. BUT Jontue and I wandered down to Jack In the Box and I pigged out on a HUGE Oreo Cookie Shake and onion rings, fried, greasy, wonderful onion rings.
This morning I once again woke up with a small beach in my bed but this time I made sure to sweep it out!

No comments: