This fun photo is of me and Cristie at a club called Deep Blue. It was taken a couple of weeks ago when we first met and decided to go out and explore the night life of Waikiki. Later in the evening (mother, stop reading here or you'll kill me :) she and I had the brilliant idea of going for a swim. This was partly due to the fact that we'd been in Hawai'i for almost 2 weeks and neither of us had actually gone in the water. So at oh...let's say 1am we decided that a nice romp in the waves would be a fantastic idea! We rushed back to our apartments, threw on our swimsuits (after chatting with the RA on duty for about 30min) and ran down to the beach. I got her over her fear of sharks by lying through my teeth and saying that at this hour of the night/morning, all the good little sharkies were all tucked in bed sleeping so we had no reason to fear losing an arm or a leg to a shark. Unless of course said shark decided to wake up for a midnight snack and lo and behold, 2 dingbats were swimming in his vicinity. We didn't actually go very far out, just enough to get completely soaked, and then we ran down the beach towards the Sheraton Waikiki. Their pool looked so nice and inviting (the one with the little honu in tile on the bottom) that we couldn't resist so we just jumped right in! Thankfully we didn't get busted by hotel security because the pool was closed :) After this, we ran back down Waikiki and Cristie suggested that we make sand angels. Now I'm not sure if anyone has ever done this, but I ended up with more sand in my bikini bottoms than should be allowed. However, it was very entertaining to flop around in the sand while random couples stared at us like we were mental. Maybe we were. So we ended up back at our apartments, covered in sand, at about 4am. I immediately hopped in the shower, rinsed off, and tucked myself into my nice clean sheets.On a side note, my bed is slowly becoming filled with sand due to my late night and mid day excursions to the beach. I'm too lazy to empty it out so I just figure I'm getting easy exfoliation while I sleep :)
This is a picture of my roommate taken just moments ago! Her name is Jontue and she's from Maui. She's promised to teach me how to surf but she has yet to make good on that. I'm hoping next week or the week after that because I'm dying to learn!!! Well anyways, she makes me laugh all the time and she blames everything bad that happens to her on the fact that she's brown :) My favorite text from her goes like this "This guy didn't want to get into the elevator with me, he waited for the next one, although mine was empty...because I'm brown!!!" I've decided that I like that excuse so I'll be blaming everything on the fact that I'm pasty white ;)I'm super glad she's my roommate though, we get along really well, we don't steal each other's food (mainly because she refuses to cook so my food won't help her at all), and she likes to go out and have a good time! Although we were SUPPOSED to go to Mai Tai's tonight we didn't. She just got home and looked at me all gussied up and ready to go and told me "You're gonna hate me." So I realized that my dreams of live music and a mai tai were going to be dashed to pieces. *Sigh* I guess you can't have everything you want in life.

Here is Waikiki in black and white. I took this photo at about 5am when the sun was just coming up over the buildings. I haven't decided for sure, but I'm thinking that this would be a nice photo to replace the monstrosity hanging over my bed. It's simple, pretty, and best of all, I took it! Any opinions? I must say it does beat the water lilies with the pink frame though. It's also nice because the ignorant, annoying sunburned tourists that swarm over paradise hadn't been awake to ruin the photo like they do to so many others that have been taken. No offense to anyone who is an ignorant, annoying, sunburned tourist.
Here is another picture of the view from the Sheraton Waikiki. That bright cone shaped thingie is called The Top of Waikiki and is an expensive restaurant that I will probably never go visit. Unless of course someone wants to come visit me and treat me...hint hint :) I hear the panorama is spectacular, however, and really any view from high up of Waikiki is spectacular and not to be missed.
1 comment:
Hi Princess- How did you get so tan? You look amazing. Enjoy you drinks while I sweat my life away in a developing nation as an expat.
Post a Comment